If you had already decided that you had enjoyed the best party nights then Thailand is here to change your mind. This is a fact that the nightlife in Thailand is one of the most famous around the globe. From high-spirited lively clubs and go-go bars to never sleeping night markets and flavorsome street snacks, Thailand has a plethora of things to offer you for making the perfect night to remember. Since you must have a busy schedule with hotel booking and flight searching so the best places for experiencing the nightlife in Thailand are carefully curated from our end. Keep reading to know more.
Top 10 Places to Enjoy Best Nightlife in Thailand: The Perpetual Streets of Thailand
The upbeat, dramatic, and unceasing there is nothing more that describes the nightlife of Thailand. As you will be mesmerized by the stunning beaches and secluded island during the day, the crazy nightlife there will help you to put your hair loose in the alluring streets of Thailand with bustling markets, cultural shows, and lively bars.
Thailand is known to have an extravagant nightlife catering to the taste of every night owl. You can presume that the place is not that family-friendly, but you can check out the list so you can never go wrong with the night-out schedule and don’t worry about the cost of nightlife in Thailand.
- Experience the Luxury of the Chao Phraya River Cruise
- Get Swinging with Live Jazz Shows
- Shop Till Drop In Thailand Night Markets
- The Fairytale Bliss of Phuket FantaSea
- The Night Scene of Phi Phi Islands
- Liveliest Thepprasit Night Market
- Koh Phangan’s Full Moon Party
- Seafood Heaven Called Cicada Night Market, Hua Hin
- Bada Bing A Go Go Bar
- Get Crazy in Sweethearts Bar
1. Experience the Luxury of the Chao Phraya River Cruise
There is nothing more tempting than a delectable dinner accompanied by soul-touching music overlooking the lit-up Bangkok nightlife. The mesmerizing Chao Phraya River Cruise is a lavish cruise with almost two hours of undisturbed delight offering a scenic view of historic sites like the stunning Royal Grand Palace, picturesque Wat Phrae Kaew, and Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn), and many more mesmerizing sites. You will be served a palatable buffet, pick up and drops off at your convenience, onboard entertainment, and a memorable experience that you will remember for a lifetime.
- Location: Asiatique The Riverfront; Warehouse No.7, Charoen Krung Rd, Wat Phraya Krai, B
- Ticket prices: 160 QAR
- Check-in Timings: 05:30 PM - 06:30 PM
- Cruising Timings: 07:00 PM - 09:00 PM
- Best time to visit: The best season to visit Thailand is from November to early April.
- Ideal for: Couples, Honeymooners, Groups, Solo Travelers
- Things to do: Sightseeing, Dinner, Enjoying dance performances, Dancing
- Nearest Airport: At a distance of 33 km from Suvarnabhumi Airport, the Chao Phraya is the major river in Thailand.
Things to keep in mind:
- Foreign nationals must share their passport and visa details at the time of arrival.
- Outside food and averages are not allowed.
- Pets are not allowed on board.
- Reach the pick-up location 15 minutes early for a hassle-free experience.
2. Get Swinging with Live Jazz Shows
Thailand is filled with intense jazz music and explosive rock music. You can enjoy the best of the country’s jazz at Iron Fairies and Co, Bamboo Bar, Saxophone Pub, and many more. Both high-end clubs and local bars give a treat to your ears with delicacies of the country and flavorsome mocktails enhancing the mood with groovy dance moves and live performances. You will surely find the best shows lined up throughout the night making a perfect scene in Bangkok nightlife for singles.
- Ideal for: Honeymooners, Groups, Solo travelers, Couples
- Things to do: Enjoying live performances, Dancing,
- Best Jazz Clubs & Bars: The Bamboo Bar, Saxophone Pub, Black Amber Social Club, Dibuk House, Susan & Larry Music Resto
3. Shop Till Drop In Thailand Night Markets
Thailand boasts a large number of evening markets that keeps on running until the late hours of the night. You can enjoy a plethora of things including mouthwatering street food, massage centers, exclusive things on sale, and lively bars. Stroll down the Khao San Road and don’t forget to witness the lively market of Chinatown.
- Location: Khao San Road, Yaowarat Road, Chatuchak Road
- Timings: 8:00 PM-Midnight everyday
- Other Popular Night Markets: Other popular night markets for entertaining things to do in Thailand include Rot Fai Market, Rong Kluea Market, Tha Pae Sunday Walking Street, Chiang Rai Night Bazaar, Phuket Weekend Market, etc.
- Things to do: Tasting local delicacies, Buying Affordable Merchandise and Souvenirs, Getting a Tattoo, Experiencing authentic Thai massage
4. The Fairytale Bliss of Phuket FantaSea
Phuket Fantasea is an astonishing theme park located in Phuket that displays the rich cultural significance of Thailand. The theme park showcases ancient traditions with the help of technology & special effects and is surrounded by charming gardens.
The theme park also entertains you with acrobatic aerial performances, and cheerful animal shows with high-quality dance and drama. This colorful carnival is perfect for a family getaway and can be enjoyed with friends and children making it one of the most interesting things to do in Phuket.
- Location: 99, Kamala, Kathu District, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Opening Days and Hours: Fri, Sun, Tue- 5:30–11:30 pm
- Ideal For: Family, Group, Couples, Honeymooners, Kids
- Things to do: Enjoying live shows, Dance performances, Dining
- Ticket Price with Buffet Dinner: 233 QAR ( Adults), 212 QAR (Children)
- Nearest Airport: The driving distance between Phuket Airport to Phuket Fantasea is 25 km.
- Nearby Attractions: The Big Buddha, Wat Chaithararam, Haad Laem Sing
- Nearby Restaurants: Butterfly Restaurant, Baan Mai Restaurant And Take Away, Georgian restaurant at Phuket
- Nearby Hotels: Layalina Hotel, Twinpalms MontAzure, Thai Kamala Beach Front
5. The Night Scene of Phi Phi Islands
Phi Phi Island is actually famous for being a party island. With a truly devoted nightlife scene Phi Phi is perceived to be a place with fun and parties. In fact, the city gets wide awake when the sun sets. Phi Phi is quite popular for its renowned concoctions, the ones that seem pretty mild at the start but is strong enough to put you out on the club’s dance floor. You can find that there is almost no supervision by police and all-nighters parties are packed with DJs, Cabret shows, exotic dances, fire shows, etc. every ingredient to get the party started making it one of the most interesting places to visit in Thailand.
- Location: There are six islands in the group known as Phi Phi. They lie 40 kilometers (25 miles) southeast of Phuket and are part of Hat Nappharat Thara-Mu Ko Phi Phi National Park.
- Ideal For: Couples, Honeymooners, groups, solo
- Things to do: Tasting Delicacies, dancing, Partying
- Nearest Airport: The nearest airport to Phi Phi is the Krabi International Airport.
- Nearby Attractions: Ko Phi Phi Lee, Ton Sai Beach, Bamboo Island, Viking Cave, Ko Bida Nok
- Nearby Restaurants: Anna's Restaurant, Papaya Restaurant (Indian & Thai Food), Jasmin Restaurant
- Nearby Hotels: Paradise Resort Phi Phi, Phi Phi Banyan Villa, Villa 360
6. Liveliest Thepprasit Night Market
Pattaya’s night markets are known to be one of the liveliest ones in Thailand as the dimly lit food stalls offer the lip-smacking delicacies of the country which include Pad Thai noodles, meat, and many more. You can find affordable clothing, handmade accessories, and a memento to take home amidst the mesmerizing jazz music. This location is a must-go if you are traveling with family.
- Location: 18 Thepprasit Rd, Pattaya City, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150, Thailand
- Timings: 5–10 pm
- Ideal For: Family, Friends Group, Couples, Honeymooner
- Things to do: Tasting delicacies, Shopping
- Nearest Airport: The nearest airport is U-Tapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport.
- Nearby Attractions: Sport Point, KAAN Show, Jack and Dave, Grace Spa
- Nearby Restaurants: Kin Kab Kia, Le Maison, Sukishi Buffet Lotus South Pattaya
- Nearby HotelsFull Moon Party: The Corner Lodge, Beston Pattaya, Momento Resort (Hotel)
7. Koh Phangan’s Full Moon Party
If you think Thailand's nightlife is only associated with Bangkok and Phuket, wait until you experience this signature event in Koh Phangan. Haad Rin Beach on Koh Phangan is illuminated by the light of the full moon once a month. It's a night of music and revelers dancing the night away. If partying on the beach with thousands of revelers from all over the world sounds like your thing, then this really is one of the best nightlife spots in Thailand for you.
- Location: Ko Pha-Ngan is located about 100 km offshore and about 15 km north of Ko Samui.
- Ideal For: Group, Honeymooner, Couples
- Things to do: Dinner, Dancing
- Nearest Airport: The nearest airport is Samui Airport on the larger Ko Samui to the south.
- Nearby Attractions: Haad Rin, Bottle Beach, Thong Nai Pan Beach, Mae Haad Beach
- Nearby Restaurants: Good Time Restaurant, Ratatouille, Mama Pooh's Kitchen
- Nearby Nightclubs: Full Moon Party, The Jam Bar, Bluerama, Eden Garden Party.
- Nearby Hotels: Palita Lodge, Zama Resort Koh Phangan, Sunset Hill Resort
Suggested Read: Nightlife In Qatar: What It Holds For Travelers?
8. Seafood Heaven Called Cicada Night Market, Hua Hin
For those who wish to experience the nightlife of Thailand beyond the clubs and bars, Cicada Night Market is a must-visit. This vibrant outdoor night market hosts hundreds of stalls with plenty of food, beer, and live music every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
It is a hub for those who like to buy Thai souvenirs created by local artists, designers, and crafters. What else? You can witness the grandeur of local dancers, musicians, and bands performing in the amphitheater within the market. Feeling hungry? Enjoy a seafood dinner and street delicacies with drinks and live music to make the most of your night.
- Location: Petitenget St No.51B, Seminyak, Kuta Utara, Badung Regency, Bali 80361, Indonesia
- Ideal For: Friends Group, Honeymooner, Couples
- Timings: Sunday to Thursday: 9.00 am - 12.00 am, Friday and Saturday: 9.00 am - 2.00 am
- Nearest Airport: It is 12.9 km from Ngurah Rai Airport to Potato Head Beach Club.
- Nearby Attractions: Seminyak Beach, Desa Potato Head, Old Man's
- Nearby Restaurants: Uma Garden, Ijen, Pizza Garden, Kaum Bali, Seasalt
- Nearby Hotels: Cicada Luxury Townhouses, Potato Head Suites & Studios, The Dusun, W Bali - Seminyak, The Colony Hotel Bali
9. Bada Bing A Go Go Bar
Bada Bing A Go Go is a fun Thai gogo bar in the Patpong area. This gogo bar in Thailand has over 25 dancers on stage every night giving a live performance. The design of this elegant bar is different from other gogo bars in Krabi, Thailand, the service is fast and the food served is appetizing. The bar is located on two large and spacious floors.
There is a large stage on the lower floor and a VIP room on the second floor. Drinks are quite reasonable, around 140 baht for a drink. Upholstered sofas run along the walls which are good enough to accommodate a huge couch.
- Location: Patpong 2 Alley, Khwaeng Suriya Wong, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand
- Timings: 8 pm–2 am
- Things to do: Dancing, Drinking
10. Get Crazy in Sweethearts Bar
This is one of Thailand's most popular bars among backpackers visiting the City of Angels! Sweethearts Bar is a hostel-cum-bar in the heart of Pattaya. This is a well-run bar with excellent staff and first-class hospitality. The centrally located bar is a great place to cool off after a long day of sightseeing and is one of the best things to do in Pattaya. Its carefree, relaxed, and pleasant atmosphere attracts dozens of weary travelers. It is a sports bar also famous for its delicious food and large television with several major sports channels, making it a haven for those who enjoy a good drink while watching a good game of their favorite football team.
- Location: 281/5-6, Soi Buakhao, Moo 9, Pattaya City, Chon Buri 20150, Thailand
- Timings: 10 pm to 2 am
- Things to do: Dining, Dancing, Drinking
- Nearest Airport: The nearest airport is U-Tapao Airport which is approximately 2 hours drive away from Sweetheart Bar.
- Nearby Attractions: Tree Town, Pattaya Night Bazaar, The Avenue Shopping Mall
- Nearby Hotels: Robin Hood Tavern, Longhorn Steakhouse & Grill, Patrick's Belgian Restaurant & Steakhouse
Whether you plan to stay in the Land of Smiles for a week or a whole month, you are sure to have a varied and unforgettable experience in Thailand. This beautiful land has all the components for a versatile vacation. From museums to monuments to beaches, there is so much to explore in Thailand that you will be spoiled with a variety to choose from with Thailand Tour Packages.
FAQs for Nightlife in Thailand
Patpong in Bangkok is the district home to more than 20 go-go bars, nightclubs, and bars, allowing visitors to enjoy the best nightlife in Thailand.
The mesmerizing Pattaya has a plethora of nightlife ingredients that make your vacation a memorable one with the help of a variety of entertainment to choose from such as Go-go bars, live rock bands, international DJs, cabaret shows, and swimming pools.
The best season to visit Thailand is from November to early April. This is when the heavens are no longer pouring and the sky clears up.
The cheapest month to fly to Bangkok is usually June and October due to the rainy season in Thailand.
Pad Thai, Tom yum goong, Som tum, Tom kha kai, Gaeng Daeng, etc are some of the popular mouth-watering delicacies of Thailand.
Cicada Market is a night market where tourists can buy unique items and souvenirs. This vibrant outdoor night market hosts hundreds of stalls with plenty of food, beer, and live music every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Ideally, 4-5 days are enough to explore the most famous nightlife spots of Thailand and participate in some entertaining activities.
Thai Silk, Thai Spices, Wooden Carvings, Spa Products, Silver Jewelry, Snacks, and Coconut Crafts are some of the popular products that you should take to home from Thailand.