The At-Turaif was the foremost capital city in the Saudi Dynasty, located in the center of the Arabian Peninsula. Established in the 15th century, the At Turaif world heritage site bears the Najdi architectural style, which is specific to the Arabian Peninsula. During the 18th and 19th centuries, the political and religious position grew, and the fortress of at-Turaif evolved to be the center of the power that spread the Islamic reform movement. The site contains the remains of several palaces and urban ensembles constructed on the sides of the ad-Diriyah oasis.
At Turaif World Heritage Site: Explore the Ancient City of Saudi Arabia
With amazing guided tours and a souq that sells locally grown fresh produce, At Turaif world heritage site is nothing but a magical place to visit. One can not only explore the many galleries that show different phases of this ancient place but can also indulge in diverse and interesting activities such as, enjoying Arabian horse demonstration, theatrical performances, mud brick making, Saudi coffee and evening light show.
Highlights of At Turaif World Heritage Site
Get to the various tours available through the At Turaif Guide
- Souq Al-Mawsim - Seasonal Market selling locally-grown new produce, local craft things, and unique finds.
- At-Turaif Retrospective - A compilation of documentary-style brief explanations that tell the memories and tales of At-Turaif.
- Bayt Al-Ardah - Watch young trainees of the Bayt Al Ardah program learning the iconic performance of victory and vigor.
- Mudbrick Making - Discover the techniques, skills, and process of making a mud brick that was used in the architectural marvel of At-Turaif.
- Arabian Horse Demonstration - Witness the live Arabian Horse Ring and learn the significance of the story of Saudi Arabia.
- Evening Light Show - Watch the magnificent Salwa Palace and the palace of the Foremost Saudi State, lit in an everyday evening light show.
Galleries at the At Turaif World Heritage Site
Visiting some of the following galleries in At Turaif are some of the most exciting things to do in Saudi Arabia:
- Arabian Horse Gallery
This gallery celebrates the strength and grace of the tough Arabian horse which is the horse of every king and hero. You can learn about the significance of the breed and history as you explore its description through the various eras.
- Diriyah Gallery
One of the best places to visit in the Middle East and home of past Al-Saud Imams, this gallery accommodates a display of manuscripts, clothing, coins, and artifacts which explain the stories of the first Saudi State.
- Social Life Gallery
It is fully dedicated to the 18th-century domestic everyday life in At-Turaif and the responsibilities, roles, and needs of social routine, privacy, and environmental amenity.
- Military Gallery
The gallery narrates tales of the First Saudi State's military campaigns and history, with exhibitions of 18th-century arms, military, and armor.
- Traditional Architecture Gallery
The classic Nadji architectural guides that helped buildings withstand the humid and hot temperatures of the region, with light and ventilation, defensive and ornamental components, and shading is displayed here.
Opening Hours of At Turaif world heritage site
The At Turaif world heritage site is open from:
- Sunday to Thursday: 10 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Weekends: 2 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 12 a.m.
At Turaif Tickets Details
- An Entry Pass is needed at all times.
- Book in advance for a convenient visit.
- Ticket price is completely redeemable against food consumed in At-Turaif outlets and Bujairi Terrace.
- Gates might be closed if capacity is attained.
So, if you are in Saudi Arabia, do not forget to plan a trip to At Turaif world heritage site. It is one of the amazing destinations to visit with your family and friends where everyone will not just learn about the rich history of Saudi but also get a chance to indulge in many interesting activities. And to explore more such charms of the country, avail of the amazing Saudi Arabia tour packages and have fun time with your loved ones.
At Turaif is famous for being the royal residence, the seat of first Saudi State governance with an impressive architecture.
The best time to visit At Turaif is between November to February as the weather is pleasant.
There are 5 galleries in At Turaif that are a must-visit. These include, Arabian Horse Gallery, Diriyah Gallery, Social Life Gallery, Military Gallery, and Traditional Architecture Gallery.
Some of the best things that must be tried at At Turaif include mud brick making and enjoying the evening light show.
The At Turaif is open from 10 am to 12 am on Sunday to Thursday and from 2 pm to 12 am on Friday and Saturday.